Sunday, May 15

Footprints in the Sand..

One night I dreamed I was walking
along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed
across the sky. In each scene I
noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of
footprints, other times there was one
only. This bothered me because I 
noticed that during the low periods of
my life, when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints,
so I said to the Lord,
"you promised me Lord,
that if I followed you, you would walk
with me always. But I have noticed
that during the most trying periods of
my life there has only been one set of
footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, have 
you not been there for me?"
The Lord replied,
"the years when you have seen only
one set of footprints,
my child, is when I carried you."

No comments:

Post a Comment